The European Retail Academy (ERA) was founded in February 2005 at the World’s No. 1 Retail Trade Fair EuroShop (Düsseldorf, Germany) by Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier and some of his academic friends to support the Bologna-process and the interaction between theory and application in the field. Today www.european-retail-academy.org has links to more than 225 research-institutes for trade/marketing/ tourism all over the world. The ERA Hall of Fame selects each year distinguished personalities who stands out in terms of outstanding contributions within the international interaction of research and applied sciences. Philip Alexander Nobel, John L. Stanton, Léon F. Wegnez, Romano Prodi, Klaus Toepfer, and Robert Aumann were the distinguished personalities who have been honored by ERA in the last six years.
Continuously subsites have been launched to target special interest groups via: Competence for Vocational Training, AgriBusinessForum, Environmental Retail Management, Forum Art Business, Global Green University, Art/Therapy/Geomancy (KTG) and Urban Revitalization. According to Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier: “Those information platforms are partly Number 1 at Google in their segments; but even more important are our student-activities: they are our investment into Future and Peace”.
ERA recently informed us that in September 2017 the 22nd International Conference on Urban Planning and Regional Development in the Information Society – REAL CORP 2017 (List of presentations) will be organized by the Technical University of Vienna, www.corp.at, www.isocarp.org – and supported like at the last Conferences in Hamburg and Ghent by the European Retail Academy. Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier will speak about the Silk Road Revitalization.
Allow us to take this opportunity to remember that:
- the last agenda of the productive meeting between RAU Rector Ovidiu Folcut and Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier included significant items of discussion, such as: the international transfer of know-how between business and universities, bringing more transparency on retail-research and retail-education; the actual need of anticipating skill needs in the commerce sector, taking into account the attention to be paid to the evaluation of philosophies offered by the steady upgrade of retail-technologies; the developing cooperation between Germany and Eastern markets;
- RAU Rector Ovidiu Folcut has awarded Professor Hallier a Diploma of „Special Academic Merit”;
- the “Carol Davila” University of Medicine and Pharmacy , Bucharest, has awarded a Diploma of Excellence to Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier;
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier is Honorary Member of the Romanian Scientific Society of Management – SSMAR, and also Honorary Member of the Romanian Distribution Committee (which has awarded to Professor Bernd Hallier, in 2006, the title of “Designer of the Year”, as the “designer” of the European Retail Academy);
- the well-known real passion proved by Prof. Dr. Bernd Hallier is confirming the link between the significance of three German quotes: “What is my life if I am not longer useful to others” (Goethe); “Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion” (Hebel); “What is not started today is never finished tomorrow” (Goethe).